Giving up and giving in. Little by little, part by part, I seem to be surrendering to the beliefs that things will never change, that so many parts of me will never even get a chance to change or heal. Lots of grieving has been going on internally because of the acceptance. Many parts have felt cornered, frustrated with being stuck so they surrender. My parts are tired of the struggling, feeling like we are fighting a losing battle. They don’t have the strength to continue the fight.
In many ways I am preparing for the inevitable. I’m losing parts of myself. I’m allowing the giving up and giving in. I have accepted the facts that I have limited resources that factor in including support and finances. If something major would happen I am just shit out of luck. I can’t do it all for myself any longer as I’m just not physically and mentally able.
I have tried so hard to help myself. So many different things and ways and people and yet there seems to be no answers for me, nothing that truly gives me any hope of recovery. And that’s it in a nutshell. I have lost any hope of change.
Hopelessness waxes and wanes in my life. It has been a huge part of depression for me. This seems bigger than that. I understand it though. When you’ve been fighting for answers and solutions as long as I have and received zero else, ending the struggle becomes real.
I talk about suicide because I think about suicide. Those that may panic when they hear the word don’t understand how suicidality can be chronic. I am not in immediate danger of killing myself today but I am at risk that it could happen. That became very real for me this week when I realized I was actually willing to go through with it. There is nothing here on this earth that makes me want to stay much longer. No person would really miss me and I’m not attached to my cats enough to keep fighting for them. I don’t have FOMO as I’ve done enough things in my life and I don’t have a bucket list.
In some ways, it’s a comfort to know I’m willing because at least it’s an answer to end the suffering of my symptoms, a solution that I have not found anywhere else. In other ways it’s sad that I feel I have no other options but it’s where I’m at. I haven’t set a time limit for my self and I will continue to do what I can.
My darkness is thick and unrelenting. The heaviness of the burdens are becoming too much to bare. I am very much alone in the silence, in the private hell that I’ve created for myself. I’m not living. I’m just dying, little by little; part by part, slipping away into the abyss; the point of no return.
Point of no return? Time will tell. Not today. Substances sustaining me for now.
Is there anyone out there? I’ll let you know before I go.




No comments:
Post a Comment