Five Days
People don't believe you when you tell them you’re alone. Of course that doesn’t mean I live on an island and don’t interact and with anyone. There are a few who will help me when it’s convenient for them. But as far as a support system I haven’t had one in place since my brother died.
Here’s my most recent DYI. I was told my brake light was out. I stopped at AutoZone and purchased new bulbs. Next day I watched a few how to YouTube videos and then proceeded to my car for the install. I could not replicate those YouTube instructions so I watched a few more. I realized I needed a 10mm wrench and I did not have. I put out an ask for help and got zero response. Surprise. Plan B. I ordered the wrench from Amazon. With Prime delivery it came the next day. Back to the car to remove light assembly. Voila! I can now get to the bulbs to change them but guess what? I was given the incorrect bulbs for my car at AutoZone and now my tail assembly was disconnected. I could put it all back together, drive back to AutoZone, hope they have the right bulbs, come back and take it all apart and replace but I’m choosing the easier for me Plan C. Back to Amazon to order new correct bulbs. Prime next day. Bulbs arrive late. It’s now day 5 of my 15 minute DIY project. But hallelujah! I got everything installed, working, and put back together properly.
THIS IS MY LIFE. Alone. I’m proud of myself for figuring it out and finishing but it’s not easy to live like this. Especially now with my health struggles. Sometimes I don’t have a plan B or C. What then? I’m scared of that day coming.
2-3-23
PS: Still doesn’t convince me for connection

No comments:
Post a Comment