Saturday, September 4, 2021

I still can’t see in the dark


 

I wish I could see something beautiful. I’ve been struggling the past few days to find the light, existing instead in the darkness of my mind. I don’t know if there was a trigger I only know I’ve been wandering aimlessly trying to make sense of it all. The days when recovery from this surgery is physically painful I often tell myself I deserve to feel every last bit of it. Why am I putting myself through it all? 

Things like having surgery appears to others as moving forward. There are times I believe that then the darkness over takes me and I just think it’s self punishment. Why does my mind tell me these wicked things? The answers can vary from minute to minute. 

Where is the desire to do. When I look ahead it seems so empty. Devoid of any images and even thoughts of what it looks like. How can I reimagine the future when it seems like a big black hole? 

I’ve been told to see a big blank canvas that can become whatever my heart might long for. But I can’t find any paint. The question is do I really want to. It’s just out of my current reality to see anything ahead. More anxiety and stress.

What makes me blind? Again do I want to know? I can’t honestly answer yes. The darkness can be a comfortable place at times. As much as this doesn’t make sense I don’t feel judged in the darkness yet at the same time the feeling of doom can overwhelm. More mind fuck.

Spending so much time with myself in the dark and I think I’m still so lost. Broken but not beautiful. This may be the end. 


10-11-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                    Unexpected… This year I have been struggling with my health. It’s not something I am accustomed to, so l...