Friday, January 10, 2025

A Ray of Light

 A Ray of Light


Finally a little something has gone my way. It’s been a year I’ve been waiting for my appeal on my unemployment case. I was notified last night that I won my appeal.

I wrote here how excited I was to get this new job in Feb of 2023. How they accommodated me with my scheduling request of working hybrid due to my physical struggles. How great that felt to be wanted. After 9 months of managing that schedule well, they decided I was not allowed to do it anymore. No reason was ever given. 

 I was told by phone on a Friday that Monday I was to make changes and could no longer be hybrid; that I had to be on campus every day. When I said I could not due to my health, they offered me an adjunct position which means same amount of work and classes, less hours and no benefits. Who would choose that? I instead chose to walk away due to the unfairness of it all

They knew up front I couldn’t keep that schedule. I had turned this job down until they called me and made accommodations. I filed for unemployment and was denied as the employer said I quit because of my work load which just wasn’t true. I always do more than my share of work. I appealed and had my day in court. The judge sided with me after hearing the evidence. 

Now I  wait. They have a couple week deadline to appeal. I don’t think they will but you never know. It certainly would be nice for me to get that back pay. Something for me to hope for. Much needed as these last few weeks have been pretty dark. 

ISO Day 11. Tired but having a glimmer feels good today.

Go Buckeyes! 

1.10.25


No comments:

Post a Comment

                                    Unexpected… This year I have been struggling with my health. It’s not something I am accustomed to, so l...